Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Practice Post: Who am I? Why do I want to be an educator? What does an educator do in his or her practice? What are my passions?

Outline
I. Description of Self: Name, Hometown, Family
II. Description of School: High School, College, Major
III. Description of Deciding to be a Teacher: The Influence
IV.Description of what a Teacher should be: Characteristics
V. Description of my Passions: English, Color Guard

 My name is Alex Jacob. I am not from Mobile, but I'm originally from Decatur, Alabama. It's about four, to four and a half hours north, depending on how heavy your foot is. My parents are divorced, but even with two sets of parents I have one sister who is an upcoming senior. After the upcoming school year, my sister and I will have both graduated from Decatur High School and moved onto South. I am currently a secondary education in English major, but I wasn't to start out with. 





I didn't see myself becoming a teacher as I grew older. It was always my dream as a kid because both my mom and her parents were apart of our local school system. I started as a Pre-PT major my freshman year and finally figured out that my passion has always destined to be teaching. I decided my place was English because it was my best subject and I wanted to help upcoming generations get back on track to proper English. I want to build on teaching English and taking every course to make me a better educator. An educator is supposed to be a leader, a coach and one to push to the furthest extent to help someone succeed. I am majorly interested in band, my passion specifically being color guard. It has been a passion of mine since I began high school and I also pursued it here at South. Surprisingly, it is the reason I came to South. It helped me branch out and find people to talk to about changing over to education. Color guard led me to finding a passion I can pursue in life.

USA Color Guard

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about you! I have learned so much ! My parents are divorced to and I know how it is growing up in two different households.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I was able to meet you. I am also from a divorced family but with my step siblings I am the baby of 7, so I have a large family. I love how you blog flowed, and it never just jumped to another subject. I also like how you addressed what a teacher's characteristics should be. I am so glad to meet you and wish you the best of luck pursuing your degree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be helpful to move the video further down the post. Right now it splits a sentence up and that does not make your post flow easily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lindsey! I went ahead and gave it more space as you advised.

    ReplyDelete