Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blog Post #1

Outline
I. Things I've heard
II. Fears
III. Compare and Contrast
IV. Most difficult thing
V. Best way to Address my Fear
VI. What Questions Do I Have?

ClockEDM310 is a course that every education major has heard, known and or talked about. Personally, I've heard EDM310 is time consuming. Most classes take a lot of time, but previous students have told me that no other class can beat the time consumption of this one, especially over the summer. Not only that, but I've also heard it to be the class "to teach you how to use smart boards and the class that constantly blogs." I know there is more to it than that, which leads me to my fears I have for this course.
Worried Girl



My fears consist of having thoughts that I'm going to miss, forget, or overthink the assignments. Overthinking is one of my flaws that has turned into a fear since coming to college. Even when I know I have completed the assignments on time, I still believe there is always something missing.


Calendar


EDM310 is similar to courses I've taken in college, in which there are lectures, the concept of individualism, and demonstrated assessments. The difference I find is the time management EDM310 requires. With the many different assignments with different due dates, there is a lot more individualized planning and time management required.




On a similar note, I believe the most difficult thing for me in this course is to not come in and ask for step by step instructions because I'm going to constantly think I'm doing things wrong. I believe I would do this because I'm so used to burp-back education. Being so used to a certain habit is hard to break and I'm trying to keep an open mind for what this semester brings.

Students in a Computer LabAlthough I have my fears, I can overcome them. The best way to address my fear is to go to labs daily, get the lab assistants and Dr. Strange to know my name and face, and to take a deep breath and dive into assignments and finish out strong. All of these ways, except for the last one, is listed over and over in our syllabus and other documents. I take this to be a hint, hint to come ask questions and or take use of the time in the lab.



I believe the same goes for questions. I don't have any questions right off, but I know for sure when I do have them that I will visit the lab and the assistants to get them answered. I'm looking forward to gaining new knowledge about technology and how to apply it as an educator. Already, thus far in the course, I have learned how much our schools are relying and revolving around technology. It's very exciting to see the changes evolve and I can't wait to see what is in store this semester.


No comments:

Post a Comment